Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
superb veggie dish. i served with roasted cauliflower. adapted from everyday food.
Make and share this Baked Eggplant (Aubergine) and Ricotta recipe from Food.com.
- 2 large eggplants, sliced lengthwise 1/2 in. thick
- sea salt and black pepper
- 1 (15 ounce) container part-skim ricotta cheese
- 3⁄4 cup egg substitute
- 1 cup parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons oregano
- 1 (16 ounce) jarragu pasta sauce (light, sugar free)
- preheat oven to 450.
- place sliced eggplant in baking dish sprayed generously with cooking spray. coat eggplant well with spray.
- salt and pepper to taste.
- roast uncovered for 20 minute.
- while eggplant is roasting, combine ricotta, parmesan, egg substitute, and oregano.
- mix well.
- layer casserole.
- 1/4 eggplant, 8oz. pasta sauce, half cheese mixture.
- repeat until all ingredients are used.
- bake uncovered for 20 to 25 minutes.
This is a great low carb recipe; just substitute the skim ricotta for whole fat and you will have eliminated the "modified food starch filler" that increases the carb count. Whole fat ricotta tastes better anyway.