Recipe by Auntie Jan
This egg sandwich was given to me by someone who said it won competitions in some Iowa Fairs. I only know its good.
Top Review by A Good Thing
We loved the baked egg supreme sandwiches. Husband's comments were: "The tomato really made this sandwich. I like the way it stays together without falling apart like some sandwiches"...and "I would eat that again"...and dd added a hearty "Here! Here!...That is good; really good. I could eat this once a week." As you can see, it was a hit and we'll be having again...or so I've been told. (:
- 1 loaf French bread
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons honey mustard
- 4 slices ham
- 4 slices turkey
- 4 slices cooked bacon
- 1 tomatoes, sliced thinly
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 8 eggs, beaten
- 4 -6 slices cheese (of your choice)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut bread lengthwise and hollow out top and bottom.
- Spread half the butter and all of mayo inside bread shell.
- Line bottom bread shell with ham, turkey and bacon. Top with tomato, onion and honey mustard.
- In frying pan add remaining butter and eggs cooking til almost set, but not hard scrambled.
- Spoon into bottom bread shell and top with cheeses. Cover with bread top.
- Wrap in greased foil and bake at 375 for 15 minutes or until heated thru.
- Cut and enjoy.