Prep 20 mins
Cook 22 mins
Baking egg rolls decreases the amount of oil absorbed by the wrappers and brings down the calorie count.
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil, divided
- 1⁄2 lb ground pork
- 1 1⁄2 cups finely chopped napa cabbage
- 1 (8 ounce) can water chestnuts, drained and chopped
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green onion
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh gingerroot
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic (4 medium cloves)
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 12 egg roll wraps
- 1 cup sweet and sour sauce
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Brush baking sheet with 2 teaspoons vegetable oil.
- Combine ground pork, cabbage, water chestnuts, green onions, soy sauce, gingerroot, garlic and sesame oil in a medium bowl; mix until well blended.
- Place egg roll wrappers on work surface.
- Place 1/4 cup filling in corner of each wrapper. Fold bottom corner up over filling. Fold each side towards center. Continue rolling to completely enclose filling.
- Place egg rolls, seam side down, on prepared baking sheet.
- Brush egg rolls generously with remaining oil.
- Bake egg rolls until browned, 18 to 22 minutes. Remove from baking sheet; place on paper towels to drain.
- Serve egg rolls with sweet and sour sauce.