Recipe by dolphyn722
Baking results in a slightly chewy but low-fat egg roll. Serve with hot Chinese mustard.
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 pinch sea salt
- 2 cups leeks, washed and thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 red bell pepper
- 1⁄2 yellow bell pepper
- 1 teaspoon rice syrup
- 1 teaspoon tamari
- 2 teaspoons vinegar, white wine
- 1 1⁄2 cups snow peas, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons water
- 10 egg roll wraps
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Heat wok over high heat until very hot. Add oil and salt, then leeks; cook 3 minutes or until leeks are softened, stirring.
- Add peppers and cook 6 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, mix vinegar, tamari and rice syrup.
- Add snow peas and vinegar mixture to stir fry; cook 1 minute.
- Add water, cover and steam 2 minutes or until snow peas are done. Set aside.
- To make eggrolls, place 2 to 3 tablespoons of filling diagonally on wrapper.
- Fold the corner over the filling, then fold both sides inches
- Moisten edge of last flap with water and roll tightly.
- Place filled egg rolls on a lightly oiled baking sheet and bake 20 to 25 minutes or until golden.