1/5 Photos of Baked Egg Muffins
Bonnie G #2's Note:
Recieved this online from All Recipes, tried it and loved it. Quick, easy and tasty what more could you want. I made mine to a medium soft egg as we like and topped with fresh salsa and sour cream; but think you could scramble also. I'm going to try freezing the extras for a quick micowave breakfast on those morning we're in a hurry.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place the bacon in a large, deep skillet, and cook over medium-high heat, turning occasionally, until evenly browned, about 10 minutes.
- 2Drain the bacon slices on a paper towel-lined plate; crumble and set aside.
- 3Preheat an oven to 375 degrees F.
- 4Grease muffin cups.
- 5Combine the melted butter and maple syrup in a small bowl.
- 6Flatten a piece of bread with a rolling pin.
- 7Brush the bread with the butter mixture.
- 8Line the muffin cup with the flattened bread.
- 9Repeat with the remaining bread slices.
- 10Bake in a preheated oven until the bread crisps, about 3 to 5 minutes.
- 11Sprinkle crumbled bacon into the bottom of the toast cups.
- 12Crack an egg into each cup.
- 13Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- 14Top each egg with 1 tablespoon of heavy cream and 1 tablespoon cheese. Bake until the whites are just set, about 10 to 14 minutes or until the eggs are cooked to your taste.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Baked Egg Muffins
Serving Size: 1 (114 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 293.3
- Calories from Fat 179
- Total Fat 19.9 g
- Saturated Fat 9.7 g
- Cholesterol 227.0 mg
- Sodium 340.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 4.3 g
- Protein 11.2 g