Recieved this online from All Recipes, tried it and loved it. Quick, easy and tasty what more could you want. I made mine to a medium soft egg as we like and topped with fresh salsa and sour cream; but think you could scramble also. I'm going to try freezing the extras for a quick micowave breakfast on those morning we're in a hurry.
- Place the bacon in a large, deep skillet, and cook over medium-high heat, turning occasionally, until evenly browned, about 10 minutes.
- Drain the bacon slices on a paper towel-lined plate; crumble and set aside.
- Preheat an oven to 375 degrees F.
- Grease muffin cups.
- Combine the melted butter and maple syrup in a small bowl.
- Flatten a piece of bread with a rolling pin.
- Brush the bread with the butter mixture.
- Line the muffin cup with the flattened bread.
- Repeat with the remaining bread slices.
- Bake in a preheated oven until the bread crisps, about 3 to 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle crumbled bacon into the bottom of the toast cups.
- Crack an egg into each cup.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Top each egg with 1 tablespoon of heavy cream and 1 tablespoon cheese. Bake until the whites are just set, about 10 to 14 minutes or until the eggs are cooked to your taste.