Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
This is a very tasty morning egg recipe that you make the night before so it works great for holiday mornings or when you have house guest because you don't have to be up early cooking for everyone.
- 3 cups seasoned croutons
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 lbs breakfast sausage
- 3⁄4 teaspoon dry mustard
- 4 eggs
- 2 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- Brown sausage and drain on paper towels.
- Place croutons in the bottom of a greased 9x13-inch baking dish.
- Sprinkle cheese over croutons.
- Next add the sausage in a layer over cheese.
- Beat eggs, mustard and 2 1/2 cups milk and pour over sausage.
- Cover and refrigerate over night.
- The next morning, whisk soup and 1/2 cup of milk until all lumps are gone.
- Spread over egg mixture.
- Bake at 300°F for 1 1/2 hours or until eggs are set.