Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 2 mins
Cook 10 mins
I always have leftover mashed potatoes at holiday time, and I was looking for a way to use them for leftover lunches. I wanted self-contained, quick, comforting, and a bit fun. Mmmmmm.
- Preheat the oven or toaster oven to 400°.
- Spoon mashed potatoes into a small pyrex custard cup. If the potatoes are refrigerated, microwave the container until the potatoes are hot and malleable, about a minute.
- Using the back of the spoon, make a well in the center of the hot potatoes and crack the egg into it.
- Sprinkle cheese over the egg and potatoes.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until egg is set to your liking.
- Season with salt and pepper and enjoy!