Recipe by Becky in Wisconsin
This recipe is from the website spoonforkbacon.com. I haven't tried it yet, but I intend to. These look YUMMY!!! If pancetta isn't available, I bet you could substitute bacon in this.
- 4 sourdough baguettes, individual rolls
- 5 eggs
- 1⁄3 cup heavy cream
- 4 ounces pancetta, finely chopped and fried until crisp
- 3 ounces gruyere cheese, grated
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cut a deep “V” through the tops of each baguette until about a 1/2 inch to the bottom. Partially unstuff the baguettes. Set aside.
- Place the eggs and cream into a mixing bowl and lightly beat together. Whisk in the remaining ingredients and lightly season with salt and pepper.
- Divide and pour the mixture into each baguette boat and place onto a baking sheet.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown, puffed and set in the center. Season with salt and pepper.
- Allow to cool for about 5 minutes, cut and serve.