1/1 Photo of Baked Egg and Asparagus Gratins
A quick and easy breakfast or brunch that is delicous and very attractive.This recipe is from Anne Quatrano and appeared in Food and Wine Magazine (April, 2005).
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat the oven to 350°.
- 2In a pie plate, toss the bread crumbs with the melted butter.
- 3Bake for 6 minutes, stirring once, until golden.
- 4Meanwhile, fill a medium saucepan with water and bring to a rapid boil. Add the asparagus and cook until crisp-tender, about 3 minutes.
- 5Drain the asparagus and refresh under cold running water, then pat dry.
- 6In a small saucepan, simmer the heavy cream with the sliced garlic; season with salt and pepper.
- 7Arrange the asparagus in 4 individual-size gratin dishes and season with salt and pepper.
- 8Crack 2 eggs into each gratin dish, pour the garlic cream on top and sprinkle all over with the buttered crumbs.
- 9Bake the eggs for 15 minutes, or until the whites are firm and the yolks are still runny.
- 10Serve at once.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Baked Egg and Asparagus Gratins
Serving Size: 1 (366 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 644.8
- Calories from Fat 454
- Total Fat 50.4 g
- Saturated Fat 27.7 g
- Cholesterol 560.5 mg
- Sodium 392.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.0 g
- Sugars 4.4 g
- Protein 21.5 g