Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Haven't tried this yet. Have always wanted to.
Make and share this Baked Dulce De Leche Apples recipe from Food.com.
- 4 apples, halved, cored, and hollowed slightly
For the filling
- 1 banana
- 1⁄4 cup dried apricot
- 1⁄2 cup dried cherries
- 1⁄4 cup crystallized ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 cup dulce de leche
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1 pinch cinnamon
- Chop and mix filling, then stuff the apples and wrap in tinfoil. Place on semi-hot coals and cook for about 20 minutes.
- After cooking, place one or two marshmallows in apple center. Close tinfoil over apples for a few minutes. Then, open and eat.
I cut the recipe in half using two apples and subbed dried cranberries for the cherries. You do need to scrap out a bit of apple to get the filling to fit. The ginger is a little to much for our personal taste. But all in all is delicious. Served with a toffee ice cream. I think half an apple per person is lots. Made for PAC Fall 2009 Note: finely chopped nuts would make a great addition