Recipe by Riverside Len
This is a recipe I got from King Arthur Flour. You will need a doughnut pan. Pastry flour is recommended but you can use AP flour. If you don't have buttermilk powder, substitute 2 tablespoons buttermilk or yogurt for the water. Recipe makes 6 doughnuts.
- 1 cup pastry flour (4 ounces) or 7⁄8 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup sugar (3 1/2 ounces)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons dry buttermilk (1 ounce)
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil (1 1/4 ounce)
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons water
Directions See How It's Made
- Whisk together all dry ingredients in a medium size bowl. Beat the eggs, oil and water (or buttermilk or yogurt) until foamy. Pour the liquid ingredients all at once into the dry ingredients and stir just until combined. Butter or grease the doughnut pan, non-stick pan spray works well. Fill each doughnut form half full.
- Bake doughnuts in a pre-heated 375 f oven for 10-12 minutes. When done, they'll spring back when touched lightly and will be quite brown on top. Remove the doughnuts from the pan and allow to cool on a rack. Glaze with icing or coat with cinnamon sugar or any non melting sugar.