Top Review by Mia in Germany
Ten stars - these were incredibly good, and they definitely tasted like the real thing. They even were better - I never liked any donut so much! The recipe description is excellent, I followed it to the letter and was rewarded with six beautiful, tasty donuts. Thanks so much for sharing, I will make these again often.
Made for Second Annual Tailgate Party of the Diabetes Forum.
- 158.51 ml all-purpose flour, blend gluten free
- 29.58 ml tapioca starch (Expandex)
- 59.14 ml cocoa
- 118.29 ml sugar
- 4.92 ml xanthan gum
- 4.92 ml baking powder
- 1.23 ml salt
- 4.92 ml cinnamon
- 44.37 ml dried dry buttermilk
- 2 large eggs
- 44.37 ml coconut oil, melted
- 29.58-59.16 ml water, divided
- 22.18 ml melted coconut oil
- 22.18 ml unsweetened cocoa
- 22.18-29.58 ml hot water, divided
- 177.44 ml confectioners' sugar
- 2.46 ml vanilla
- chopped peanuts (optional)
- sweetened flaked coconut (optional)
- nonpareils (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spray a 6 hole donut pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl blend together the flour, tapioca starch, cocoa, sugar, gum, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and buttermilk powder.
- In a small bowl beat together the eggs, oil and 2 tablespoons water. Pour the mixture into the dry ingredients and mix until well combined. If mixture is to thick add in additional water until a smooth, thick, cake batter consistency is achieved.
- Spoon the mixture into the prepared pan, smoothing with a spatula. Place in pre-heated oven and bake for 10 to 12 minutes. Allow to rest in pan a minute or two and then turn out onto a wire rack to cool for a few minutes.
- In a small bowl, blend together the coconut oil, cocoa, 1 1/2 tablespoons hot water, sugar and vanilla. Stir until smooth adding in additional water as needed. Place the cooling rack with donuts on a cookie sheet and spoon the chocolate glaze over the donuts allowing the glaze to drip down sides. Immediately top with topping of choice; i.e., peanuts, coconut or nonpareils. Enjoy!