Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Easy and quite tasty. Adapted from American Heart Association's Quick and Easy Cookbook. 117 calories, 1 g carb, 3 g fat, 62 mg cholesterol.
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts or 1 lb turkey breast tenderloin, all visible fat removed
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard or 1 tablespoon coarse grain mustard
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice or 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- Rinse chicken and pat dry.
- Place chicken breasts in a single layer in a 13x9 in glass baking dish.
- In a small bowl, mix together the remaining ingredients.
- Sprinkle chicken breasts with a little salt (omit this step if you are on a salt-restricted diet).
- Spread mustard mixture over the top of each chicken breast.
- Bake, uncovered, in a 375° oven for 15-20 minutes or until chicken is tender and no longer pink.
Try Dijon mustard, brown, sugar and Picante Sauce.
I used boneless skinless chicken breasts, just 2 for our dinner. The taste was "OK", but normally moist and tender breasts were very dry and tough. Not sure if oven temp. was too high, or time too long, but would be hesitant to bake less than 20 minutes. Probably won't try again.