Recipe by ceilmary
This sounds wonderful (have not tried it yet). From "The Prepared Pantry" website.
Top Review by DailyInspiration
This is a great way to make an omelet -- worked perfectly. Made as directed and didn't leave out anything except that I scaled the recipe back for two. Will definitely make this omelet again -- loved the oven method. Made for Spring PAC, 2014.
- 10 large eggs
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 medium bell pepper, diced (green or red)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- 3⁄4 cup cooked ham, diced
- 1 medium tomatoes, diced
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, salt and pepper.
- Place a nonstick or lightly greased baking sheet on an oven rack place at 2/3 of the oven's height. Pour egg mixture into pan. Bake 10 or 15 minutes or until the eggs are set but glossy.
- While the eggs are baking, saute the mushrooms, onion, and pepper together.
- Remove the baked omelet from the oven. Cut omelet into four squares. Place a square on each of four plates.
- Spoon 1/4 of the vegetable filling over each square. Sprinkle each with 1/4 cup of the shredded cheese.
- Fold each omelet square in half to form either a rectangle or a triangle. If desired, garnish with a bit more cheese and some parsley.
- NOTE: For vegetarians, omit ham or replace with veggie ham or sausage.