Recipe by Ellee
I spotted these colorful squash at a farm stand in Vermont last weekend - I brought them home and scoured the Internet to find out what to do with them! I found the following recipe on whatscookingamerica.net. The squash turned out to be delicious, with delicate, edible skin. The tangy/spicy butter topping complemented the mild squash perfectly.
- 2 (3/4 lb) delicata squash
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cut squash in half lengthwise and remove fibers and seeds. Place cut-side down in a glass baking dish and add water to the dish to a depth of 1/4 inch.
- Bake 30 minutes or until squash is soft but not mushy. Remove from oven.
- In a small bowl, combine butter, lime juice, and chili powder; stir until well blended. Season with salt and pepper.
- Spoon the butter mixture into baked squash cavities and serve hot.