Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
Dipped in pizza sauce. The kids will love this and the guys will love this on game days. Mix and match meats and cheeses. Cook time includes the rising time.
- 1 loaf frozen bread dough, thawed
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pizza seasoning
- 1⁄4 lb sliced deli ham
- 6 slices mozzarella cheese
- 1⁄4 lb sliced deli smoked turkey breast
- 6 slices cheddar cheese
- pizza sauce, warmed
- Preheat oven to 400*.
- On a baking sheet coated with non-stick cooking spray, roll dough into a small rectangle. Let sit for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Combine butter, garlic salt, basil, oregano and pizza seasoning.
- Roll out dough into a 14 inch by 10 inch rectangle. Brush with half the butter mixture.
- Layer first the ham, then the mozzarella, then the turkey and then the cheddar cheese lengthwise down one side of the dough to within 1/2 inch from edges. Fold the dogh over and pinch edges firmly to seal. Brush top with remaining butter mixture.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until golden brown. Cut into 1 inch slices. Serve with pizza sauce.
Thank you for posting this recipe! I would give it five stars but I didn't use the filling from this recipe. My mom used to make something like this when I was a kid either with ham, cheese, and dijon mustard for the filling or with a pizza filling. Update: I just made this exactly like the recipe says and it is delicious! My husband and I agree that this version is way better than with the other fillings we have had.
Definitely a 5* hit at our house!! I made my own bread dough but kept the rest of the recipe just as written. Some of us chose to dip in the pizza sauce and some of us loved it without the sauce. Thanks so much for a fabulous recipe. We will definitely be making this one again.
This was a quick and easy fix for a busy weeknight. I see plenty of variations of this in our future. My son has already requested one made with typical pizza toppings. Thanks for the recipe!