Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep1 hr 25 mins
From Nov 2006 Sunset Magazine
Make and share this Baked Dates in Cheddar Rosemary Pastry recipe from Food.com.
- In food processor, pulse butter, cheddar, rosemary, flour, salt, and cayenne until mixture resembles cornmeal.
- Add vinegar and 2 tablespoons cold water and pulse until mixture holds together.
- On a piece of plastic wrap, form dough into a 6 inch square. Cover with more plastic wrap.
- Chill for at least 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll dough out into a 12 inch square. Cut square into 48 1 inch by 3 inch strips.
- Wrap each date with a strip, then arrange on 2 baking sheets. Bake about 15 minutes, until lightly golden. Serve hot.
- Leftover pastry strips make delicious crackers.