Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
So yummy! A moist gluten free donut made with sorghum flour, gluten free starches, and cocoa powder. Add an extra egg and you'll have an awesome gluten free chocolate cake or cupcake recipe! If you plan on making them in advance, as all donuts stale quickly, add the extra egg and freeze them once cooled.
- 3⁄4 cup potato starch
- 3⁄4 cup sorghum flour
- 1⁄2 cup tapioca starch
- 1⁄2 cup cocoa powder
- 1 3⁄4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3⁄4 teaspoon guar gum
- 1⁄2 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sea salt
- 7⁄8 cup milk or 7⁄8 cup almond milk
- 3⁄4 cup agave syrup
- 2 tablespoons light molasses
- 1⁄3 cup cooking oil
- 1 large egg
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Generously oil a 6 tin donut pan.
- In the large mixing bowl of your mixer, add dry ingredients and mix thoroughly.
- Add the liquid ingredients and mix until all dry ingredients are moist and smooth. Scrape bowl at least one time.
- Fill each donut tin about 3/4 way to the top. With slightly wet fingers tips, distribute the batter throughout the tin, smoothing the tops, because what you see is what'll you get once baked. Rewet finger tips as necessary. Wipe off any access dough that is on the surrounding areas.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until donuts are firm to the touch.
- Remove from oven and transfer the donuts as soon as possible to a baking rack to cool completely.
- Frost donuts with ganache or your favorite frosting. If desired, dip each donut in a plate of finely chopped nuts, sprinkles, etc.