Recipe by Nana Lee
A lovely custard and just for 2! No need to make a big batch. This one came from the Internet, pure and simple. Amazing the number of wonderful goodies that I found simply by surfing the 'Net. Welcome to the 21st century! (My grandmothers would be SO jealous!)
- 1 egg
- 1 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 3⁄4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small bowl lightly beat the egg. Add milk, sugar, vanilla and salt and mix until sugar and salt have dissolved.
- Pour into two ungreased 6-oz. custard cups. Sprinkle with nutmeg.
- Set in a baking pan: add 1/2 to 1 inch of hot water to baking pan.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350º F. for 35 minutes or until set.
- Recipe can be increased for maximum servings.