- 4 large eggs
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 12 ounces evaporated milk
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ground nutmeg
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine eggs, sugar and salt in a large mixing bowl. Add evaporated milk, water and vanilla; beat until mixed.
- Pour into 6 - 6oz custard cups; sprinkle with nutmeg.
- Place cups in 13x9 inch baking pan, fill pan with hot water to 1 inch depth.
- Bake 35-40 minutes or until knife or toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Remove cups to wire rack to cool completely.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.