Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
This recipe from Bangers n'Mash cookbook comes from Oxfordshire, England. It has been in my family since the 1940's. It was hard to get the eggs at that time, but it is still delicious. So simple to make. Children really love this dish. Enjoy
- 2 large eggs
- 2 ounces white sugar
- 3⁄4 pint 2% low-fat milk (warm)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg (grated, or to taste)
- Beat eggs and sugar together.
- Stir in the warm milk and pour into a pie dish.
- Grate a little nutmeg on top of custard.
- Bake for 1 hour on low heat (250 degrees F.).