1/1 Photo of Baked Curry Chicken With a Side of Coconut Rice
These two recipes are from two cookbooks that I own (the curry chicken from "Cooking Jewish" by Judy Bart Kancigor, and the coconut rice from "The Joy of Cooking" cookbook), except that I made a few substitutions, and I have figured out how our family likes these. I usually open a can or two of green beans, and I just heat those up to serve with this, but any veggie would be nice.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
For the curry chicken
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts (6-8 ounces each)
- 1/4 cup butter (4 Tablespoons)
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons dry mustard
- 2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons curry powder (mild or hot, whatever you prefer)
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
For the coconut rice
- 1Grease a 9x9 baking pan with cooking spray, and set aside. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- 2Arrange the chicken breasts in a single layer in the baking pan.
- 3Melt the butter in a small saucepan over medium heat. Whisk in the honey, mustard, dry mustard, garlic, lemon juice, curry powder, and salt, stirring until smooth.
- 4Pour about 2/3 of the sauce over the chicken. Cover the pan with aluminum foil, and bake for 10 minutes,.
- 5Then, uncover and baste with sauce. Continue baking, uncovered, basting occasionally, until the chicken is cooked through, 15 to 20 minutes.
- 6Once you put the chicken in the oven, start the rice.
- 7Combine the coconut milk, water, rice, ginger, and salt in a medium saucepan, and bring to a boil.
- 8Once it boils, reduce the heat to a very low heat (like simmer) until the liquid is absorbed and the rice is tender, about 20 minutes.
- 9A few minutes before serving the rice, stir in the toasted coconut.
Browse Our Top < 60 Mins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All < 60 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Baked Curry Chicken With a Side of Coconut Rice
Serving Size: 1 (272 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 524.5
- Calories from Fat 205
- Total Fat 22.8 g
- Saturated Fat 14.5 g
- Cholesterol 98.9 mg
- Sodium 1080.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 49.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.6 g
- Sugars 26.1 g
- Protein 32.0 g