Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
- 4 large cucumbers, peeled, and quartered length wise
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon dill seed, crushed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Place 1 layer of cucumbers on a baking dish.
- Dab the cucumbers with the butter.
- Add some water to barely cover the cucumbers.
- Mix all seasonings into a small dish.
- Add 1/2 of the seasonings to the first layer.
- Next, make a second layer--repeating w/ the butter and seasonings.
- Bake uncovered in a 400° oven for 1 hour.
- During the first 30 minutes, rotate the bottom layer to the top and put the second layer to the bottom and finish off for the second 30 minute increment.