Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
This delightful recipe features salmon baked with a browned and crispy buttered bread crumb lemon garlic mixture. Top it with the yummy herb cream sauce and you have a company worthy dish.
Herb Cream Sauce
- 1⁄3 cup heavy cream
- 1⁄3 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons fresh chives, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley leaves, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated lemon zest
- 2 cups fresh breadcrumbs
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 cup fresh parsley leaves, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup fresh basil leaf, chopped
- 4 (8 ounce) salmon fillets
- Make herb cream sauce by combining all ingredients for sauce.
- Preheat oven to 400° and butter a baking sheet.
- In a large skillet melt butter over moderate heat and stir in lemon juice, zest, bread crumbs, and garlic.
- Sauté mixture over moderately high heat, stirring frequently, until bread crumbs are crisp and golden.
- Remove skillet from heat and stir in parsley and basil.
- Season salmon with salt and pepper and coat all sides evenly with breadcrumb mixture.
- Put salmon on baking sheet and bake in middle of oven 15 to 20 minutes, or until just cooked through.
- Serve with herb sauce.
This was easy to make and the breadcrumb mixture smelled great! I didn't think that the cream sauce would taste good cold over the salmon so I heated it up. I thought the salmon tasted fantastic, but the cream sauce didn't add much to the overall taste. Next time I would just use the "baked salmon" section of the recipe. Thanks for sharing!