Recipe by muffin207
This is a lovely spicy chicken dish which is nice enough to serve to guests it is also quick and easy. It has the unique addition of sesame seeds. Serve with homemade fries and a salad.
Top Review by I'mPat
I used what we call a Maryland cut (thigh and leg intact) and baked at 180C fan forced for 50 minutes but I may have to up the temperature a little as the skin was not as crispy as usual but was still very moist and very flavourable and the DM and I thoroughly enjoyed, I did sprinkle with extra sesame seeds after I spray with oil (instead of using butter or margarine) but overall a very nice an enjoyable oven baked crumbed chicken, thank you muffin207, made for Name that Ingredient tag game.
- 1 1⁄2 kg chicken pieces (with bone and skin on)
- 125 ml flour
- 30 ml sesame seeds
- 7 ml paprika
- 5 ml peri-peri, powder or 5 ml cayenne or 5 ml chili powder
- 15 ml baking powder
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 125 ml milk
- 5 garlic cloves
- 5 ml salt
- 125 ml butter or 125 ml margarine
Directions See How It's Made
- Pre heat oven to 220 degrees celcius.
- Wash and pat chicken dry. Combine flour, sesame seeds, paprika, per peri and baking powder in a clear plastic bag.
- Beat eggs and milk in a bowl.
- Pound garlic and salt in a pestle and mortar till fine.
- Rub this mixture all over chicken pieces.
- Dip chicken pieces in egg mixture and then shake them in plastic bag to coat them evenly with the flour mixture.
- Arrange chicken pieces in an oven proof baking dish, skin side up.
- Pour melted butter margarine and butter evenly over chicken pieces and bake in oven for 40min- 1 hour or until evenly browned and chicken is done.