1/1 Photo of Baked Croaker with Cracked Peanuts
A friend gave me a croaker he caught in the Chesapeake Bay on his vacation. Never had the pleasure of eating croaker before. I've learned it's a sweet tasting bottom-feeder fish (from up north!) Other than cleaning it, the recipe is soooo simple and awesome tasting! The fish flakes right away from the bone, doesn't have a strong fish taste, and tastes incredible! Makes me want to go fishing up north so I can get "a whole mess of 'em"!!
My Private Note
- 1Preheat oven to 500 degrees.
- 2Place a baking pan in the oven large enough for the amount of fish you are going to bake.
- 3Clean the croaker leaving in the center bone strip.
- 4Coat fish with oil.
- 5Finely chop peanuts and toast to make bread crumbs.
- 6Roll the oiled fish in the bread crumb/peanut mixture, sprinkle with pepper.
- 7Put fish on pan and cook at the high temperature for only 10 minutes.
Browse Our Top Northeastern U.S. Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Northeastern U.S. Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Baked Croaker with Cracked Peanuts
Serving Size: 1 (176 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 0.0
- Calories from Fat 0
- Total Fat 0.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 0.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 0.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 0.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: