Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
Oven Fried Chicken cuts down on the fat from deep frying. Has a creamy, oniony sauce. Great dish for a winter's night. You can prepare the chicken ahead of time, and then pop in the oven when you're ready for it.
- 8 chicken pieces (legs, breasts etc..., or a whole chicken cut in pieces...)
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 2 tablespoons ranch salad dressing
- 1⁄4 cup corn flake crumbs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (318 ml) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup sour cream (I use the no fat kind)
- 1 (1 ounce) package dry onion soup mix
- Preheat oven to 375°F
- Place chicken pieces, skin side up in a baking dish.
- Mix milk with Ranch drerssing and brush over chicken.
- In a seperate bowl, combine corn flake crumbs, garlic powder paprika and pepper.
- Sprinkle corn flake mixture over chicken.
- Bake covered, for 55-60 minutes, or until chicken is no longer pink. Drain drippings from baking dish.
- In a small bowl, combine all the sauce ingredients, and pour around, but no on top of the chicken pieces. Bake, uncovered for an additional 12 minutesd or until sauce is heated through. Serve chicken with the sauce on the side for dipping!