Prep 15 mins
Cook 50 mins
If you're craving fried chicken, this is a wonderful tasty alternative.
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup red wine vinegar, plus
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 (3 1/2 lb) whole chickens, rinsed well,patted dry,and cut into 8 pieces
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 cup grated pecorino romano cheese
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Whisk together oil, vinegar, salt, red-pepper flakes, oregano, and garlic in a 9 by 13 inch baking dish.
- Add chicken to marinade in dish, turning each piece to coat.
- Cover with plastic wrap, and refrigerate at least 1 hour or up to 8 hours.
- Stir together breadcrumbs, cheeses, parsley and pepper in a medium bowl.
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper or foil.
- Dredge each chicken piece in breadcrumb mixture to coat;shake off excess.
- Transfer to prepared baking sheet.
- Bake chicken until breadcrumbs are golden and chicken is cooked through, 45 to 50 minutes.
- Using a spatula, loosen chicken from sheet and serve.
I've tried a lot of chicken recipes and this is the most refreshingly different taste I've encountered. I love the aroma of the marinate and when baked, the non-greasy texture and flavor of the finished chicken. This is a winner!