Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is from "Lidia's Italian Table" cookbook (Lidia Matticchio Bastianich). She is one of my all-time favorites! If you can get to one of her restaurants (I went in Kansas City), you will not be sorry. These crepes are absolutely delicious!
- Place the ricotta in a fine-mesh sieve or colander lined with cheesecloth. Cover with plastic wrap and let drain in the refrigerator for at least 12 hours, or up to 24 hours.
- Make the crepes.
- Preheat the oven to 350. Brush an 11 x 8 inch baking dish with some melted butter.
- In large bowl, whisk the granulated sugar and eggs together until pale yellow and smooth. Add the ricotta, lemon zest, and nutmeg and beat lightly until blended. Fold in the raisins.
- Place a crepe, lacy side down, on the work surface. Spread about 1/4 cup of ricotta mixture over the crepe and roll the crepe up like a jelly roll. Place the crepe, seam side down, in the buttered baking dish. Repeat with the remaining crepes and filling, arranging them side by side in the dish.
- In a small bowl, whisk the remaining melted butter and the liqueur together until blended and pour over the crepes. Bake until the filling is warmed through and the liquid in the dish is bubbling, about 20 minutes. Transfer the crepes to serving plates, spooning some of the butter sauce over each serving. Sprinkle with confectioners' sugar and serve immediately.