Delicious Creamy Cheesy pasta. I bake it most of the time because I love the melted cheese on top but its also really good without baking and you save 15 mins .. hee hee hee .. Try it first without and let me know ;) Thanks ENJOY!
- 453.59 g box penne rigate
- 198.44 g shredded parmesan cheese
- 29.58 ml fresh garlic, finely diced
- 29.58 ml parsley
- 14.79 ml pesto sauce (optional)
- 29.58-44.37 ml butter
- 29.58 ml flour
- 177.44 ml chicken broth or 177.44 ml beef broth
- 177.44 ml milk (if you use cream then use about 1/2 cup depending on how thick you want) or 177.44 ml cream (if you use cream then use about 1/2 cup depending on how thick you want)
- salt and pepper
- Cook Pasta for 7 minutes (Al Dente)or as directed on box and drain. You can cook at the same time you are making the sauce it takes close to the same time and that way they are both nice and hot.
- In a medium sized pot melt butter on medium high
- Add Garlic and stir for about 2-3 mins or till it browns a little.
- Add Flour stir for about 2-3 mins
- Add Broth cook for about 5 mins or until it reaches a boil stirring constantly
- Add Milk stir until it get to a boils again about 3 mins
- If you can find Borden Shred medleys Pesto parmesan you can add seasoning packet from the cheese packet OR Add your own pesto and seasonings and stir till it thickens
- Stir while adding about 3/4 cup cheese depending on how cheesy you want it but 3/4 should be plenty
- Pour over hot pasta and mixed well.
- Note To continue to the baking step you can pour into bake pan 13X9 and sprinkle remaining cheese in packet or less depending how cheesy you want it and bake @ 400 degrees for about 15 mins or until cheese melts and the edges get a little golden brown.