Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Delicious Creamy Cheesy pasta. I bake it most of the time because I love the melted cheese on top but its also really good without baking and you save 15 mins .. hee hee hee .. Try it first without and let me know ;) Thanks ENJOY!
- 453.59 g box penne rigate
- 198.44 g shredded parmesan cheese
- 29.58 ml fresh garlic, finely diced
- 29.58 ml parsley
- 14.79 ml pesto sauce (optional)
- 29.58-44.37 ml butter
- 29.58 ml flour
- 177.44 ml chicken broth or 177.44 ml beef broth
- 177.44 ml milk (if you use cream then use about 1/2 cup depending on how thick you want) or 177.44 ml cream (if you use cream then use about 1/2 cup depending on how thick you want)
- salt and pepper
- Cook Pasta for 7 minutes (Al Dente)or as directed on box and drain. You can cook at the same time you are making the sauce it takes close to the same time and that way they are both nice and hot.
- In a medium sized pot melt butter on medium high
- Add Garlic and stir for about 2-3 mins or till it browns a little.
- Add Flour stir for about 2-3 mins
- Add Broth cook for about 5 mins or until it reaches a boil stirring constantly
- Add Milk stir until it get to a boils again about 3 mins
- If you can find Borden Shred medleys Pesto parmesan you can add seasoning packet from the cheese packet OR Add your own pesto and seasonings and stir till it thickens
- Stir while adding about 3/4 cup cheese depending on how cheesy you want it but 3/4 should be plenty
- Pour over hot pasta and mixed well.
- Note To continue to the baking step you can pour into bake pan 13X9 and sprinkle remaining cheese in packet or less depending how cheesy you want it and bake @ 400 degrees for about 15 mins or until cheese melts and the edges get a little golden brown.
This was good and easy to make. I used Dreamfield pasta as that is what I buy. I used 6 ounces of parmesan cheese and milk instead of cream. I also only added one tablespoon of parsley as that seemed like more then enough. My family thought it had a bit too much garlic in it, I think I would cut it in half next time. Made for Spring PAC 2009.
This is recipe is 5 Star Toddler rated! My Gandson loved it! I just used macaroni as I had it in my pantry. I didn't like the pesto that I used, but that is no fault of the recipe. The amount of garlic was perfect. I also used milk and chose not to bake it as I was broiling in the oven. Made for Spring 2013 PAC.
Delicious! Even my kids enjoyed it... I didn't have parsely so used oregano & basil instead. Very good - and would be even better with some diced chicken added before baking! Thank you!