Recipe by Marie
A wonderful one-pan-to-wash meal made with leftover chicken or turkey.
Top Review by FullyClothedChef
I really liked the concept of this dish, but wasn't too sure about the execution. I also used a 9x pan, and so used a little extra of everything- but I was really hoping for more of a creamy dish. I felt a little like this was chicken and peas and carrots, with a slab of cornbread on top. Tasted fine, just not what I was expecting from it. Might try using a can of cream of chicken AND a can of cream of mushroom, but use the same amount of milk. This is a good start to something that could be great! thanks for it!
- 2 cups cooked chicken or 2 cups cooked turkey, cut up
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of chicken soup, with herbs
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can milk
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen peas and carrots
- 1 (12 ounce) package corn muffin mix
- 1 egg
- 1⁄3 cup milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix together soup and milk in a saucepan and add in the chicken and vegetables.
- Heat until bubbly.
- Turn into an 8x8" baking pan.
- Prepare cornbread by blending together corn muffin mix, egg and milk.
- Spread batter over chicken mixture carefully to cover all the way to the sides of the pan.
- Bake at 425° for about 20 minutes or until browned on top.