Prep 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is my version of an appetizer that Peninsula Grill serves in Traverse City...It is wonderful and very popular....
- 12 pita pocket bread
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic and herb seasoning (McCormick)
- salt & pepper
- 1 (15 ounce) can artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 11 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon fresh chives
- 3 cups monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 1 tomatoes, diced
- 2 green onions, diced
- Pita Chips:.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Cut each Pita bread into 8 triangles & place on lined baking sheet.
- Brush triangles with olive oil.
- Sprinkle seasonings over chips.
- Bake for 7 to 10 minutes or until light brown, watch carefully.
- Let cook and put onto platter or dish that can go into oven.
- Artichoke Dip:.
- Combine all ingredients.
- Drop by large spoonfuls onto chips or one large one in middle.
- Sprinkle Monterey Jack cheese over all.
- Sprinkle tomato and green onion slices over top.
- Bake in 400 degree oven until cheese is melted.
- (you can just broil until cheese is melted too if you want).