Recipe by karen
I found this originally as a Passover spinach dish, but I liked it so much that I eat it year-round. If using it for Passover, substitute matzo meal for the bread crumbs.
Top Review by kbrown1876
I looked everywhere for a creamed spinach recipe and was glad to come upon yours! As a variation I added mushrooms and a tomato. It was delicious. Not only will I make this again but will use this as a filling in future dishes (somehow!)
- 20 ounces frozen chopped spinach, cooked and drained
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 8 ounces cream cheese or 8 ounces light cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup breadcrumbs (Matzo meal can be substituted)
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 eggs, well beaten
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place hot spinach in a medium size bowl. Add cream cheese and sour cream and blend well.
- Stir in bread crumbs (or matzo meal) and seasonings.
- Add beaten eggs.
- Pour into a 8 inch square baking dish coated in cooking spray.
- Bake for 45 minutes.