Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
I think I would serve this with toasted baguette slices.
- 2 cups crackers, crushed
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 3⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon chives, chopped
- 1 quart oyster, shucked, in their liquor
- 1 cup heavy cream
- nutmeg, grated
- salt and pepper
- Mix together the crackers, bread crumbs, butter and chives.
- Spread about 1/4 of the misture in a greased baking dish and top with half the oysters and liquor.
- Mix together the cream, nutmeg, salt and pepper and pour half this mixture over the oysters.
- Sprinkle with about half the remaining crumb mixture and top with the remaining oysters and liquor.
- Add the remaining cream mixture and top with the remaining crumb mixture.
- Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven until heated through, about 20 minutes.
- Broil under a preheated broiler until the top is lightly browned and serve immediately.