Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is a recipe from one of my Church Cookbooks. It's one that my daughter askes for most often.
Make and share this Baked Creamed Chicken recipe from Food.com.
- 12 bone-in skinless chicken thighs (or legs)
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1 (2 ounce) envelope onion soup mix
- 2 (10 1/2 ounce) cans cream of mushroom soup or 2 (10 1/2 ounce) cans chicken soup
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray 9 x 13 pan with non stick spray.
- Place flour in bowl and dredge chicken and shake off excess.
- Place in pan.
- Sprinkle dry soup mix over all.
- Empty canned soups into a 4 cup measuring bowl and mix well with enough milk to arrive at the 4 cup level.
- Pour mixture over the chicken.
- Bake uncovered 1 hour.
I cut this recipe in half for the 2 of us & used reduced sodium cream of chicken soup! Also followed other reviewers' tip about browning the chicken! A nice change from our usual chicken breasts! Thanks for posting the recipe! [Made & reviewed in Everyday Is a Holiday recipe tag]
Great dish for a busy family and very budget friendly too. I did use MsSally's idea and browned my chicken a bit before hand just as I like a bit more color on my baked chicken but that is a personal preference. So simple to prepare and my family really enjoyed the final product. I served this with mashed potatoes and veggie. Thanks for sharing. Made for the Photo Tag game.
WOW this was fantastic. I loved the gravy this made. I made mine just a little bit different. I browed my chicken in olive oil prior to putting it in the baking pan and covering it with soup mixture. Very easy and 5 YO gave it two thumbs up and asked for seconds so that is a BIG plus...