My own invention. For those of you who love this appetizer at Montana's Restaurant, this is my attempt to clone it. It's not identical, but I think it's pretty close, and very tasty!
- Blend all ingredients in food processor, except cheddar cheese, adding as much milk as necessary for a smooth and creamy consistency.
- Amount of garlic and/or Tabasco sauce can be increased for more intense flavour!
- Spread in pie plate and top with shredded cheddar cheese.
- Bake at 375F for 35 minutes or until heated through and cheddar cheese is melted.
- Serve with pita crisps, crackers or tortilla chips.
Great way to sneak in spinach into meal as an appetizer. I too ended up adding paremsan cheese and more tabasco sauce as it was a little bland without, it but it was addictive and it went quickly. This would be great to make to take to a potluck or carry-in as it is different and more hearty than the standard spinach-artichoke cold to room temperature commercial dips.
I have made this for the second time and I only used half of the pkg. of spinach...to my husband and I it was even more like Montana's than the first time! I did add the parmesan cheese too. Absolutely delicious!!
excellant, this went over so well at our party! It was the first dish eaten!!!!I did add 1/4 cup of parmasean cheese and a dash of cayenne pepper.