Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr
Easy to prepare ahead of time, baking the cranberries and sugar really brings out the flavor. Prep time does not include chilling after baking.
- 1064.65 ml fresh cranberries
- 354.88 ml sugar
- 236.59 ml walnuts, toasted and chopped
- 236.59 ml orange marmalade
- 29.58 ml lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a lightly greased 2 qt baking dish, mix cranberries and sugar.
- Cover dish and bake for 1 hour.
- Stir in lemon juice, marmalade, and walnuts.
- Chill until serving time.
Yummy and the easiest fresh berry relish I could find. I added chopped apples, and next time I will add raisins also during bake time!!!
I've used a recipe similar to this.....here's mine. All I add to the cranberries is the sugar and a half cup of brandy (or more if desired) then bake as posted.
This recipe is so easy and is delicious ~ and I learned it is very important to COVER the baking dish! :) For Christmas 2009, I made the recipe again with the added one teaspoon orange oil, and 1 1/4 cups brown sugar (not packed tight) ~ I forgot to cover the dish while baking, which resulted in less sauce, and the cranberries were more candied ~ I added the toasted walnuts and orange marmalade, and the juice of one large lemon. * * * * * First review: For Thanksgiving 2009, I made this per the recipe, but added one teaspoon orange oil to the cranberries before baking ~ it was delicious, but a little too sweet!