Prep 0 mins
Cook 50 mins
Such a delicious pudding, I love anything with cranberries!!
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs, separated
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3 tablespoons grated orange peel
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cream of tartar, divided
- 3 cups coarsely chopped cranberries
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 1⁄2 cup whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 2 1⁄2 cups cranberries
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- In a bowl, combine brown sugar and egg yolks. Add whipping cream, vanilla, cinnamon and nutmeg; set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, orange peel, baking powder, 1/4 teaspoons cream of tartar and salt. Add chopped cranberries; stir to completely coat. Add brown sugar mixture and butter; mix well. (batter will be stiff).
- Beat egg whites until foamy. Add remaining cream of tartar; beat until soft peaks form. Fold into batter.
- Pour into greased 9-inch springform pan. Bake at 350F for 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- TOPPING: Bring sugar and orange juce to a boil in a saucepan. Cook for 3 minutes or until sugar dissolved. Reduce heat; add cranberries and simmer 6-8 minutes or until berries begin to burst. Remove from heat and cover.
- When pudding tests done, place springform pan on a jellyroll pan. Spoon warm cranberry sauce over top. Return to oven for 10 minutes. Cool for 10 minutes before removing sides of springform pan. Cool at least 1 hour or overnight before serving. Reheat at 350F for 10 minutes.