Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
This was gone in less than five minutes at a dinner with friends. Do use fresh or frozen whole cranberries, not something from a can and not a jelly: this is wonderfully fresh, tart, warm, creamy: everything you could want for a chilly fall or winter appetizer. We served it with toasted sourdough baguette.
- 2 cups fresh cranberries, rinsed at dried
- 1 large orange, zest of
- 1 large orange, juice of
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 8 ounces brie round
- Preheat your oven to about 400 degrees.
- Place cranberries in a large bowl and add the zest of an orange, the juice of the same orange, a large splash (about 2 tablespoons) of real maple syrup, and a large pinch of rosemary. Mix thoroughly.
- Pour about half of cranberry mixture onto center of oven-safe serving dish (I use a glass pie pan). Place the brie round on top of the pile, then pour the remaining mixture over the top of the brie. Place this in the oven and remove when the cranberries are soft and perhaps just starting to burst, and the brie is warmed through (about 15-20 minutes).
- Consume--spoons may help.