Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 4 small acorn squash
- 236.59 ml apple, chopped, unpared
- 236.59 ml fresh cranberries, chopped
- 2.46 ml orange rind, grated
- 118.29 ml brown sugar
- 29.58 ml butter, melted
- Cut squash in half lengthwise; remove seeds.
- Place cut side down in 13 x 9 x 2 inch baking dish.
- Bake in a 350 degree oven for 35 minutes.
- Turn cut side up.
- Combine remaining ingredients; fill squash with fruit mixture. Continue baking for 25 minutes, or until squash is tender.
I really liked this! My husband doesn't like sweet side dishes much, but still ate all of his, which I think is a good sign. I used maple syrup instead of brown sugar (and left out the butter). It was so easy!
Great recipe! I might increase the amount of apple and brown sugar. This is a good twist on acorn squash.
This was soooo good with braised pork chops and fresh green beans. I used Craisins instead of fresh cranberries and fresh orange zest instead of orange rind. It was delicious.