Top Review by mayness
I really liked this! My husband doesn't like sweet side dishes much, but still ate all of his, which I think is a good sign. I used maple syrup instead of brown sugar (and left out the butter). It was so easy!
- 4 small acorn squash
- 1 cup apple, chopped, unpared
- 1 cup fresh cranberries, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon orange rind, grated
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut squash in half lengthwise; remove seeds.
- Place cut side down in 13 x 9 x 2 inch baking dish.
- Bake in a 350 degree oven for 35 minutes.
- Turn cut side up.
- Combine remaining ingredients; fill squash with fruit mixture. Continue baking for 25 minutes, or until squash is tender.