Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
Low-Fat, Low-Cholesterol Cookbook, 2004. "Light, festive and healthful." For Weight Watchers this is 3 points per serving. This recipe is for 5 servings.
- vegetable oil cooking spray
- 1 teaspoon margarine, light stick
- 1⁄4 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1 lb crabmeat, shells and cartilage discarded
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 4 large eggs, whites only, stiffly beaten
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Lightly spray 9" square casserole dish or baking pan with vegetable oil spray.
- In a small saucepan, melt the margarine over medium-high heat and cook the onion for 2-3 minutes, or until tender.
- Transfer onion to a medium bowl and stir in crabmeat, mustard, and Worcestershire sauce.
- Gently fold in the beaten egg whites.
- Pour the mixture into the casserole dish and sprinkle with the cheese.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until puffed and lightly browned.
- Remove from the oven and cut into rectangles.
- Serve immediately.