Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
Make and share this Baked Crab Spring Rolls recipe from Food.com.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 2 celery ribs, from the heart finely chopped
- 6 water chestnuts, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 small onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup fresh bean sprout, chopped
- 2 (6 ounce) cans lump crabmeat, drained and flaked
- 2 tablespoons dark soy sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 4 sheets defrosted phyllo dough (13 x 7 inches each)
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
- Preheat oven to 400°; add oil to a preheated skillet over medium to medium-high heat.
- Saute pepper, celery, water chestnuts, and onion for 2-3 minutes.
- While veggies are still a little crunchy, transfer to a bowl; to the bowl also add bean sprouts, crab, soy sauce, and thyme; combine well with a spoon.
- Paint half a sheet of phyllo dough with melted butter and fold sheet in half, making almost a square.
- Pile a few spoonfuls of filling 2 inches from the bottom of the sheet and leaving 2 inches at either side of sheet.
- Fold bottom flap up and side edges in, then roll up and over until you reach the top of the sheet.
- Your crab pastry will look like a spring roll; dab the edges and sides of your roll with melted butter and place seam-side down on a pastry sheet.
- Assemble all and bake on center rack 15 minutes or until lightly golden all over.