Prep 45 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is my version of the Crab Rangoon III recipe from allrecipes.com. I found the exact same imitation crab packages at Walmart for half the price that they were at Safeway.
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened (low-fat is fine)
- 1 (8 ounce) package imitation crabmeat, flaked
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄4 cup green onion, finely chopped, green parts only
- 1⁄2 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 (14 ounce) package wonton wrappers
- 1 large egg, beaten
- In a food processor, mix all ingredients, except the wontons and the egg.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Place approximately 1 teaspoon of the cream cheese mixture in the center of wonton wrappers. Moisten wrapper edges with a small amount of egg, fold over the mixture and pinch to seal.
- Bake the wontons for about 15 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Serve with plum sauce or sweet and sour sauce for dipping.
- I have found wonton wrappers at both Safeway and Walmart, but I prefer the ones from Safeway. They are about the same price, and the Safeway ones are thinner and taste better (in my opinion).
- You can also make these ahead and freeze them: Make the filling and seal the wontons. Place them (unbaked) on a baking sheet and stick the sheet in the freezer, until the wontons are frozen. Take the wontons off the baking sheet and put them in a Ziploc freezer bag (this way they won't stick together). When ready to bake, take as many as you need from the freezer, lightly grease a baking sheet, and bake as directed.