1/1 Photo of Baked Crab Rangoon (Using Imitation Crab)
1 hr 15 mins
This is my version of the Crab Rangoon III recipe from allrecipes.com. I found the exact same imitation crab packages at Walmart for half the price that they were at Safeway.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a food processor, mix all ingredients, except the wontons and the egg.
- 2Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- 3Place approximately 1 teaspoon of the cream cheese mixture in the center of wonton wrappers. Moisten wrapper edges with a small amount of egg, fold over the mixture and pinch to seal.
- 4Bake the wontons for about 15 minutes, or until golden brown.
- 5Serve with plum sauce or sweet and sour sauce for dipping.
- 7I have found wonton wrappers at both Safeway and Walmart, but I prefer the ones from Safeway. They are about the same price, and the Safeway ones are thinner and taste better (in my opinion).
- 8You can also make these ahead and freeze them: Make the filling and seal the wontons. Place them (unbaked) on a baking sheet and stick the sheet in the freezer, until the wontons are frozen. Take the wontons off the baking sheet and put them in a Ziploc freezer bag (this way they won't stick together). When ready to bake, take as many as you need from the freezer, lightly grease a baking sheet, and bake as directed.
Browse Our Top Chinese Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chinese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Baked Crab Rangoon (Using Imitation Crab)
Serving Size: 1 (1167 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 62.9
- Calories from Fat 31
- Total Fat 3.4 g
- Saturated Fat 1.8 g
- Cholesterol 15.9 mg
- Sodium 129.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 0.6 g
- Protein 1.9 g