Recipe by Charmie777
This version of my favorite Chinese appetizer is baked instead of fried, making them lower in fat. They are absolutely delicious! I don't really like crab, but I devour these.
Top Review by Zetty66
Very yummy and didn't take too, too long to put together. I think next time I'll increase the green onion for added flavor. Baked these, froze them, and then reheated just as many as I needed--came out great!
- 453.59 g neufchatel cheese, softened (low fat cream cheese)
- 170.09 g can crabmeat, drained and flaked
- 4-5 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 9.85 ml Worcestershire sauce
- 4.92 ml soy sauce
- 48 count package wonton skins
- 59.14-118.29 ml melted butter
Directions See How It's Made
- In medium bowl, combine all ingredients except wonton skins and butter.
- Mix until well blended.
- Place 1 teaspoon filling in center of each wonton skin.
- Moisten edges with water.
- Fold in half to form triangle, pressing edges to seal.
- Pull bottom corners down and overlap slight; moisten one corner and press to seal. (Usually there is a diagram on the wonton package. I think they look like little kerchiefs.).
- Arrange on baking sheet that has been coated with vegetable spray.
- Brush with melted butter.
- Bake in 425º oven for 12-15 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Serve hot with desired sauce.
- NOTE: I like hoisin or plum sauce and sweet and sour -- even jalapeno pepper jelly!
- NOTE: These can also be fried, if prefer.