Recipe by breezermom
Unlike most quesadillas, these are baked, not fried. These are also cut into thirds for appetizers, but if you'd like, leave them whole and have them for a meal! I love crab, and I love cheese. I also tend to like flour tortillas! So this is something that worked out well in my appetizer repertoire!
Top Review by Rita~
Very good! I even would skip the mayonnaise next time just use extra cheese to help it all stay together. I made 1/2 the amount replacing the white onion with a red one. Place on 1 whole tortilla top with an other then sliced into four wedges. This was part of Menu #28779 chick out the topping I used. Made for ZWT5. Gracia.
- 1⁄3 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 lb lump crabmeat, drained
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 16 (8 inch) flour tortillas
- 1⁄2 cup jalapeno jack cheese, shredded (I always tend to add a little more...I love cheese!)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine butter and oil; set aside.
- Saute onion, peppers, and garlic in 2 tbsp reserved butter mixture in a medium saucepan over medium heat, stirring constantly until tender. Remove from heat. Gently stir in crabmeat and next 3 ingredients.
- Place on tortillas on baking sheets; brush 1 side of each tortilla with remaining butter mixture. Turn tortillas over; spread crabmeat mixture evenly over half of each tortilla, and sprinkle with cheese. Fold tortillas in half.
- Bake at 475 degrees for 4 minutes or until golden. Cut each tortilla into thirds. Serve warm.