Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
This pasta filled casserole is so good. Also, it makes two, so you can share one or freeze it for later. From the Cape Cod Harbor House Inn.
- Cook pasta according to directions.
- Sauté onion, garlic, mushrooms and green pepper in butter until crisp tender.
- Remove from heat.
- Drain pasta; add to vegetable mixture.
- Stir in crab, sour cream, basil and salt.
- Place mixture in 2 greased 8-inch baking dishes.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
- Cover and freeze one dish.
- Cover and bake the second one for 20 minutes at 350°F Uncover and bake 5 more minutes.
loved this ... we live on the Gulf Islands and were given a whole bunch of crab, froze some and then used this recipe .... only changes ... added fresh hot peppers to veggie mix and some panko bread crumbs to cheese. Broiled for last few minutes. Amazing!
This is as good as you could expect to serve and is restaurant and company quality. Pretty much followed the recipe except I increased the sauce amount as I don't like dry pasta dishes. I made spinach pasta and used red bell peppers for color contrast. I used a little mayo, fresh nutmeg, pinch of hot red pepper flakes, a little flour, sour cream, a cup of milk, 2 hard boiled eggs chopped large, 1 fresh egg tempered, and used 1/2 of my cheese inside the body of the dish. Top dish with a little paprika for color. Next time I will add slivered almonds and frozen peas. It is a wonderful dish that I will make again and I recommend it to anyone thinking about making the dish. If you don't have all crab-meat, use shrimp, lobster, or a combination of sea-foods that you might have available. Jim in So Calif