Recipe by Suzanne S.
This pasta filled casserole is so good. Also, it makes two, so you can share one or freeze it for later. From the Cape Cod Harbor House Inn.
Top Review by lynne_fraser
loved this ... we live on the Gulf Islands and were given a whole bunch of crab, froze some and then used this recipe .... only changes ... added fresh hot peppers to veggie mix and some panko bread crumbs to cheese. Broiled for last few minutes. Amazing!
- 16 ounces uncooked pasta
- 1⁄2 lb mushroom, fresh sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 16 ounces crabmeat, chopped
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 large onions, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup green pepper, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons basil
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook pasta according to directions.
- Sauté onion, garlic, mushrooms and green pepper in butter until crisp tender.
- Remove from heat.
- Drain pasta; add to vegetable mixture.
- Stir in crab, sour cream, basil and salt.
- Place mixture in 2 greased 8-inch baking dishes.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
- Cover and freeze one dish.
- Cover and bake the second one for 20 minutes at 350°F Uncover and bake 5 more minutes.