Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
This quick, easy and healthy version of crab cakes is perfect for my "Cooking for 2" cookbook. I found it in TOH's Summer Cooking for 2. I haven't tried it yet, but it looks great.
- 1 (6 ounce) can crabmeat, drained, flaked and cartilage removed
- 1⁄2 cup soft breadcrumbs
- 1⁄4 cup shredded carrot
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon mayonnaise
- 3⁄4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- tartar sauce (optional)
- In a bowl, combine the first 11 ingredients.
- Shape into four patties; cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Place crab cakes on a baking sheet coated with nonstick cooking spray.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve with tartar sauce if desired.