Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
A Donna Hay winter recipe
Make and share this Baked Couscous With Tomato and Pesto recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 200 C.
- Make spinach pesto by placing spinach, nuts, parmesan,1/2 cup olive oil, juice, salt and pepper in a small bowl.
- Mix to combine, set aside.
- Place tomatoes, thyme, olive oil,salt and pepper in baking dish.
- Toss to combine.
- Roast 20 minutes.
- Add couscous and pour over stock.
- Cover with foil and cook another ten minutes.
- Top with spinach pesto to serve.
What a great new way to make couscous! Super healthy and filling light summer meal. I used my immersion blender to grind up the pesto ingredients for a saucier topping. Thanks for the post!
This made a lovely side dish. The Roma tomatoes at our store didn't look very good, so used tomatoes on the vine. I think this would be even more tasty with summer fresh ones. Made for Everyday Holiday Tag Game. :)
Very good and very easy! Couscous is a very under-rated grain, it cooks so easily, tastes so good and is so versatile. I wasn't sure whether or not to grind together the ingredients for the pesto, in the end, I didn't, just prepared as directed, and that created a very tasty topping for the baked couscous! I also skinned my tomatoes, since DH doesn't like tomato skins. I did top the completed dish with a few shrimp, sauteed in garlic and butter, although the dish is perfect as is! Thank you, Kate, another winner! :D Made for Christmas edition: Make My Recipe