Recipe by lets.eat
Comfort food, we all need it.
Top Review by Mountain State Chef
This is an excellent recipe. Reminds me of good ol' country cookin' -- something you would find on the supper table of a home in the Appalachian Mountains. Kitchen Bouquet is the key ingredient. Country Cookin' Makes You Good Lookin'!
- 6 pieces cube steaks
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Kitchen Bouquet
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can water
- 1 small onion, chopped
- oil, for browning steak
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven 200 degrees.
- Flour and brown steaks in a small amount of oil in skillet.
- Place steaks in 8x12 casserole.
- Add mushroom soup, water, and onion to meat drippings in skillet in which meat was browned.
- Simmer together and add kitchen bouquet, Pour over steaks and bake covered for 2 hours.